Saturday, April 12, 2008

end of a big week

Sunday
today and it's the end of a big week. We finished ante-natal classes on
Monday, which was good, it was getting a bit tiring having to go every
Monday. Will be interesting to see who gives birth first as we were all
within a month of each other. We plan to keep in touch, which will be
great considering I don't yet have anyHutt friends!

On Wednesday I finished work, a bit of an anti-climax, but that's ok.
It's a weird thing to think that you are jobless, just waiting for the
next thing to happen... I have a fair bit to do over the next weeks
until baby comes, so will just have to space it all out so I don't get
too bored.

On Thursday, my first day at home I did heaps of
washing and prepared for our midwife's home visit, the next day. I set
up the bassinet and change table, worked out which clothes would
probably fit babyimmediately, and washed them, as well as a bunch of cloth nappies.

On Friday Suzanne came. She was really relaxed around Pipi, which was good, cos Pipi gets very excited when people give her that vibe. Everything with baby still seems good and normal,
head engaged in a LOA lie, which is Left Occipito Anterior, meaning baby's spine is towards my tummy rather than my spine, which is the most common and practical way for it to be, LOP is Posterior, meaning it's back is against my back, which can cause discomfort. That is not to say that it will stay that way, but we are crossing our fingers it does!

Andy stayed for Suzanne's visit, so we discussed birth plan, there was lots of talk about music playlists
and baking, Andy thinks we are going to make some Pizza, I guess we'll
just have to see about that! We also discussed reasons we may transfer
to the hospital, so we both feel good about that. Suzanne let us know
that she has IV fluids on hand in case I feel worn out and dehydrated,
which is most common cause for transfer, so that's excellent.
That afternoon I made a whole lot of tomato sauce and puree for the freezer and a banana cake. Yum!

On Saturday I went to the Dowse art museum with Gabby and Ruby.
Today
I attempted to mow the lawn while Andy was scraping wall paper, I did
get through about three quarters, before I had to give it in. It was so
hot outside and our lawnmower is not so light, but I'm happy I worked up a good sweat, I will sleep well tonight.

Off to acupuncture tomorrow, which is exciting. Andy will learn some accupressure techniques for the birth and Alice will give me needles to prepare me for the birth http://www.revitalize.net.nz/pregnancy.html



No comments: